Dave Ramsey ruined our life!
Pay yourself first
- Always have/use a budget. Is budgeting really that hard?
- 20/30/50 method: 50% needs, 30% wants, 20 percent savings. How to manage your money with the 50/30/20 Rule
- Automate your savings and investments. How do I automate my finances?
Saving alone will never make you rich
- Compound interest. In only two minutes. From investing guru Warren Buffett.
- Importance of investing. Should we invest our savings?
- How to invest: Investing Basics. How does the stock market work? Trading 101.
- Are you a potential business owner?
- Index Funds vs. Mutual Funds vs. ETFs
You must live below your means
You must have an emergency fund.
- How to deal with unexpected expenses.
- This will derail your financial independence. An emergency fund changes everything.
- Dave Ramsey: How it feels to have an emergency fund.
Use debt wisely
- Avoid consumer debt
- What the credit card companies don't want you to know.
- Only for education and/or a home
- A car is one of the worst thing to go into debt for
The more you learn, the more you earn
Money won't make you happy
- Material happiness doesn't last
- 5 Things that will make you wealthy 1) have a plan; 2) get out of debt; 3) live on less than you make; 4) save money; 5) be generous.
Investing Basics: ETFs
Dave Ramsey: Mutual Funds vs. Market Index Funds
Phil Town: Index Funds vs. Mutual Funds
Dave Ramsey: How to be good with money