- It can't go any lower (it can go a lot lower)
- How high can it go? (it can go a lot higher)
- They Always Come Back (No they don't)
- How much can I lose? If your neighbor invests $10,000 at $50 and you invest $25,000 at $3 and it goes to $0, who loses the most? Surprisingly, many investors can't answer this correctly, says Lynch.
- It's always darkest before the dawn. Don't think the business can't get worse.
- I will sell after the rebound, after the stock gets back to what I paid for it. (Note: the stock doesn't know you own it.)
- I own conservative stocks (I don't have to worry).
- I lost money by not buying. (You actually didn't lose anything)
- Stock is up, I must be right. Stock is down, I must be wrong.
- Avoid long shots. They don't work.
Portfolio Return as of 05/27/22:
Friday, July 23, 2021
Peter Lynch: 10 Investing Myths
The untold story about “green energy” is that it can’t possibly be scaled up to provide anywhere near the energy to replace fossil fuels. (U...
Climate change activists are not just interested in reducing carbon emissions in order to "save the planet." Their underlying desi...
High-yield bonds are sending the stock market a warning sign. This is not a prediction, but a leading indicator. Just because it's happe...
There are numerous posts on this blog, and millions on other blogs and news sites, on the subject of what the rich do different, but it'...