- It can't go any lower (it can go a lot lower)
- How high can it go? (it can go a lot higher)
- They Always Come Back (No they don't)
- How much can I lose? If your neighbor invests $10,000 at $50 and you invest $25,000 at $3 and it goes to $0, who loses the most? Surprisingly, many investors can't answer this correctly, says Lynch.
- It's always darkest before the dawn. Don't think the business can't get worse.
- I will sell after the rebound, after the stock gets back to what I paid for it. (Note: the stock doesn't know you own it.)
- I own conservative stocks (I don't have to worry).
- I lost money by not buying. (You actually didn't lose anything)
- Stock is up, I must be right. Stock is down, I must be wrong.
- Avoid long shots. They don't work.
Portfolio Return as of 12/05/22:
YTD: +2.49% (SP500 -16.3%)
Friday, July 23, 2021
Peter Lynch: 10 Investing Myths
Interactive Chart here .
High-yield bonds are sending the stock market a warning sign. This is not a prediction, but a leading indicator. Just because it's happe...
After reading (and attempting the solutions offered in some) several articles about SQL and CAGR, I have reached the conclusion that none o...
Climate change activists are not just interested in reducing carbon emissions in order to "save the planet." Their underlying desi...