Simply, no. And the media made no attempt to set the record straight, until USA Today ran a story headlined "Can the middle-class revival under Trump last?"
It that speech, she declared that "families' hopes are being crushed by Republican leadership that ignores real life or just doesn't understand it." That "far too many hardworking Americans are falling behind, living paycheck to paycheck." She said the GOP tax cuts "rigged the system against working people." She said "plants are closing, layoffs are looming, and wages struggle to keep pace with the actual cost of living."
None of it is true.
USA Today reported:
- Median U.S. household income … rose 1.8% to an all-time high of $61,372 in 2017."
- "Employers added an average 223,000 jobs a month last year, up from 179,000 in 2017. And unemployment sank to a near 50-year low."
- "Average U.S. wages climbed 3.3% in 2018, after being stuck at 2.5% to 2.7% (growth) for several years."
- "Industries that employ middle-class workers in particular are benefiting. Manufacturers have added about 450,000 jobs
- since Trump took office, the largest two-year total in decades."
- "The number of factory jobs 'reshored,' or shifted to the U.S. from overseas … hit a record 170,00 in 2017."
In general, the Democrats have been lying on several issues, including health care, the state of the middle class, and border (national) security. While the Republicans have been criticized (by me to my Congressman) for the lack of initiative on border security, the open-border-and-abolish-ICE Democrats have put their irrational hatred of Trump over the need to secure our borders.
Here in Texas, the Democrats have doubled down on their blatant lies.
And the usual talking points: "...continuing to sabotage the Affordable Care Act and make health care less accessible to massive tax breaks for billionaires to tearing children away from their parents and locking them in cages, Trump has completely abandoned Americans and his presidency is a failure."
Such bullshit. If you believe this tripe, shame on you.
Democrats are lying on health care
For more information, see these stories:
By Scuttling The Amazon Deal, AOC Just Opened Herself Up To A Primary Challenge