Baby boomers have lots of money
- At least 30 percent don't have any retirement savings.
- Fifty-four percent failed to meet the savings benchmark for a successful retirement.
- The average savings for this generation is $152,000, according to Money Magazine.
- The baby boomers are second only to Gen X in total debt load.
- The average Baby Boomer has $95,000 in debt, according to Experian.
- Social security alone is not enough to live on, comfortably
- Pensions, if someone is lucky enough to have on, added with social security, are only meant to supplement retirement savings
- The average social security check is $1,413, monthly.
- The 2008 financial crisis scared Baby Boomers out of the market after they lost a lot of money.
- While Baby Boomers have allocated too much of their portfolios to stocks, they don't own enough to affect the market.
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment. Will get back to you as soon as convenient, if necessary.